Sunday, February 9, 2014

Mount Tremblant, CA NorAm

January 28 and 29th were my first competitions of this season.  I felt 110% ready to finally get back to competing, after almost 2 years off.  Coming into this competition, I had very high expectations for myself, especially with the awesome way I had been riding this past month.  Unfortunately, my results were not as great as I had hoped.  I placed 18th the first day, and 17th the second day, out of 36 riders.  Though this is halfway in the bunch, my goal this season was to qualify within top 16 at every race, to be able to make it into heat races.  I was super bummed at first with myself, but after taking a step back and thinking about my progress, I was satisfied.  It had been almost 2 years since I raced, especially coming off of a horrible injury.  Though it would have been nice to make an amazing comeback, I believe that in time, it will all come back to me.  Until then, I need to continue working as hard as I can, and strengthen my mental game, to bring it at the remainder of the races this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment