Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Venture to the East Coast

I can finally write a post with a big smile on my face.  A few days ago, I competed in two more events, held at Sugarloaf, Maine, and they were finally successful! Both races, I qualified top 16, therefore was able to compete in heats! March 6, I qualified 14th out of 32 girls, and ended up 15th that day in heats.  Unfortunately in turn 2 there was carnage between three riders, one including myself.  Because of this, I ended up 4th in that heat.  The following day, I ran the best time trial I've ever had! My run felt amazing, leaving me with nothing but smiles at the bottom of the course; usually I'm left with an angry face. My mom sure loved this change of attitude! I ended up qualifying 11th, but am saddened to say, once again, ended 15th that day.  I tried making a very smart, yet risky pass in turn 3, and it just didn't end the way I would have hoped.  Overall, though, I am very satisfied with my racing.  My head was finally in a happy, stress-free place, which I believe was a major reason I finally did well enough to race in heats! I'm extremely excited for these final competitions, and hope I can bring the same attitude I had in Sugarloaf, to end my season with some awesome results!

Day #1, I'm far riders left, in red


Form is everything



1 comment: