Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spring Shredding

Though it was nice being in my home grounds on the east side, I was definately stoked to be back to the western part of the country.  My next race was in Mt. Hood, Oregon, by far one of my favorite mountains.  On top of being able to compete at my favorite place, the weather was also beautiful! 50 degrees and sunny every day, heck I was rockin' a tank top and sun glasses at the top of the course! Though this course is just about the same every year, I still had a blast.  Day one, I had a lot of mental issues and put a lot of pressure on myself (once again), so unfortunately I had to settle with another 15th place.  Day two I focused more on my mind than my snowboarding, and it finally worked! I qualified 11th, putting me in a pretty good place in heats.  I made it past the first round of heats, but unfortunately got taken out in semis, leaving me to settle with the small finals. Finals or not, I was so increadibly stoked to have made it this far! In small finals, I made two awesome passes, and I ended up placing 6th! My best result so far, and I couldn't remove the smile off my face.  I can finally see that all my hard work is paying off.  Baby steps... but don't worry, I'll be on top sooner than later!



Thanks dad for getting my small finals pass on film!

1 comment:

  1. Spring Shredding is very interesting and informative post. I have enjoyed this blog and get interesting facts also from it.


    this great website Eight K

    ReplyDelete