Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fall in Summit County

Well I've been in Colorado for about a week now, and am loving every bit of living here! Since there is not nearly enough snow for the resorts to be open to train on my snowboard, my team has been continuing our summer dry-land training program, spending about 3 hours a day at the gym.  I've also had the amazing opportunity to explore Summit County, which has been breathtaking.  Benji Farrow, member of the US half pipe team, has been a wonderful tour guide this past week, showing me around Summit County, and taking me to different areas to see amazing views. In fact, Benji, his sister Hannah, and myself hiked a 14er this morning.  Woke up at 5 am, started our journey at 6:30 (had to be back for gym time at 1:30), and hiked about 6 miles, 4.5 hours, and to about 14,000 feet!  It is incredible what this world has to offer, if you just take the time to explore! These are life experiences I will never forget!!

P.S. all these amazing photos were taken by Benji Farrow!!
Thanks Benji :)












1 comment: