Sunday, June 14, 2015

Horrible Blogging this Winter!


Wow! I usually am so on top of it with my posts. I am so sorry I have not made a single post this whole winter.  On top of that, winter should be when I make my posts, to update after each competition, but I did not do so. I honestly think a lot of that has to do with my frustration with my season.  Result wise, I did not do nearly as well as I wanted too. I felt so strong going into this season, thinking I was going to get at least one podium, but I failed to do so.  I mentally struggled a lot this season, especially towards the end of the season. I had a lot going on, especially a death of a very close loved one, which was extremely hard to deal with. Unfortunately being an athlete, there will be A LOT of obstacles thrown at you, but it's up to that individual to work through them, despite the severity.
Thinking about my season and evaluating it myself, although I was very frustrated and upset with myself on my results, I had an overall good season.  Being a part of the ISTC was the best decision I could have ever made. I grew so much as a rider, and an individual, and believe I improved so much. My carving (previously my biggest weakness) I think is now one of my strong suits.  I also have made a huge improvement on my movements, my confidence, and hitting larger features, especially larger jumps. So looking at my season overall, though I did not get the results I wanted, I still think I had a very successful season in the fact that I've improved more in this season than any other season.  With the continueous improvements, the results WILL come, and then everyone better watch out!! :)
    




AND IN LOVING MEMORY OF GRANDMA GERACI <33

  




2 comments:

  1. Awesome information about the place and really great view. Want to be there right now. We also provide the best training of snowboarding in Switzerland and many other places. Visit our website to know about services :- http://vividsnowboarding.com/

    ReplyDelete