Saturday, November 5, 2016

How Nala Saved Me From the Depression

I stumbled upon this article where a women claims getting a puppy saved her from depression.  I got my beautiful black lab, Nala, about a year and a half ago.  One of the major reasons I decided to get a dog was because I heard that dogs are a wonderful emotional support and can be great for individuals who suffer from depression.  Since the second I brought Nala home, she gave me even more of a reason to live.  It was the best feeling ever to come home, or even wake up to a dog that is so happy to see you all of the time.  Nala is always full of so much happiness and energy, it rubs off on me.  I brighten her day, as she does mine.  Nala also has even been so amazing when I have bad days.  She will simply lay with me, cuddle and give me lots of love.  When I cry, she will literally give me a hug and I know she is telling me everything will be okay.  Though dogs are a lot of responsibility, it is such an amazing responsibility.  I love my Nala and cannot wait to have her by my side for years and years to come.



Check out this article, it is really good!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/health/getting-a-puppy-saved-me-from-depression/

3 comments:

  1. Brooke,

    I am so glad you found your best friend; Nala is adorable! I have a huge love for dogs and am a firm believer that they provide some of the best emotional support there is. While I cannot relate to you regarding your depression, just know that there is a purpose for you and I am very happy Nala has helped you realize that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy you got Nala and she brings you happiness! I think this is a great topic to talk about because a lot of people can relate to it.

    ReplyDelete