Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Last Day of College

Today is a BIG day for me, it's my last "day" of college! I'm proud of myself, and I am not afraid to announce that. For those who don't know what I went through to get to this moment, you're about to... I gave up most of my high school life and even skipped a year, to pursue a dream I had from very young, to be an Olympic snowboarder. I was lucky enough to have parents who helped me in all that they could, to live my dream. I moved away from my home in Michigan EVERY winter, to live in a place where I could get the best training possible. I worked my ass off (excuse my French) to get to where I wanted to. I sacrificed a lot of my social life, relationships, and simply a "normal" life. on TOP of living my snowboard dreams, I wanted to get a college degree. My first two years of college were on campus with a few online classes during the winter. After 2 years, I had to choose, med school or snowboarding. I chose snowboarding, and no I don't regret it ONE bit. I didn't completely give up school though, I decided to pursue an ONLINE degree. Then something happened a little under a year ago that changed my life forever. I had yet another concussion that was extremely dangerous to my health. It was from then that I had to give up my dream of snowboarding. I admit, my heart is so broken, but I am pushing forward, every.single.day. I continued taking classes (even though I shouldn't have post concussion) and learned I could graduate this December. SAY WHAT?? I was able to pursue my snowboard career, battle extreme depression, have MANY injuries and still graduate a half semester earlier than I would have if I didn't skip a year of high school?! That's right.. I DID IT! I never gave up, and I never will. Though I don't have snowboarding anymore, I have a beautiful life. I'm soon going to have a college degree, I have a growing business that I am so passionate about, and most of all, i am HAPPY! I still dont know where life is going to take me next, but two more exams stand between me and my future!! So my advice, NEVER GIVE UP, and don't let anyone tell you you can't do something! Set your mind to it, and you can do it!!!

4 comments: