Sunday, July 1, 2012

Summer 2012 Plans

Just because my season on snow is over, doesn't mean training is.  This summer, I have been, and plan on continuing my intense dry-land training.  I spend a lot of my time working out.  My work outs consist of around an hour of cardio, which include biking, running, or even zumba, then an hour with a trainer at a local gym, working on strength, endurance, and plyometrics.  I also spend a lot of time stretching, which is very important to go along with this intense training.  I had a minor injury in my knee during this past season, so I went to physical therapy for 6 weeks, and thanks to my therapist, I am back to normal.  Another thing I do to train off snow is work on starts.  My dad so kindly bought me a world cup start gate, and we built a ramp in one of our barns.  By having this, I work on my reaction time, strength, and form.  
This year I also graduated high school.  So I have had many exciting festivities to go along with this.  Prom, commencements, and graduation parties are some of the many things I have done now that I'm a Romeo Alumni. 
Following my graduation party, I headed to Mt. Hood, Oregon, to catch the end of the US Team gold camp.  I could not attend the whole camp because my party fell in the middle of camp, and this was something very important to me, and I wouldn't miss it.  But, I felt that any training at this camp would be very beneficial, even if it was only two days, and I was right. Unfortunately my first day on snow was cancelled due to bad weather, but I still had two amazing other days.  Coached by former US Team riders, Ross Powers, and Graham Watanabe, I learned so much, even in just two days.  I worked very hard, and was very satisfied with my riding.  It was sad to leave, Oregon is such a beautiful place. I do wish I could have been there longer.
As for the rest of my summer, I have no specific "plans."  I am just going to relax, enjoy my time off, yet still do my dry-land training.  I'm spending time at my cottage in Northern Michigan, for about ten days, due to the fourth of July.  I boat a lot as well, which is one of my favorite parts about summer.  I try to take out my boat as much as possible, and I wakeboard and tube while I boat.  I really am having a great summer, but I cannot wait for winter to arrive.  

1 comment: