Monday, July 16, 2012

warrior dash!

On July 29th, my dad and I are competing in a country wide event called the "warrior dash."  It is a 3.25 mile run, that includes 11 different obstacles.  These obstacles consist of scrambling between barbed wire, balancing across a wobbly rope, swimming, climbing through a waterfall, and even leaping through fire.  This event also raises money for St. Jude hospital.  I am honored to be able to race in this, and cannot wait.  I have been training extra hard these past few weeks to be in the best possible shape for this run.  Yet, not only does it take great endurance to run the 5k, but strength to complete the major obstacles, so I have stepped up my strength workout as well.  Included is the link to the Warrior Dash website.  warrior dash website

1 comment: